|“I'm neither Kami nor Piccolo. I'm simply a Namekian who has forgotten his own name.”|
|—Character Select Quote|
Piccolo (ピッコロ, Pikkoro) is a playable character in Dragon Ball FighterZ.
The spawn of the notorious Demon King from whom he takes his name, Piccolo Jr. was once one of Goku's most vicious rivals. After defeating Raditz, the Namekian warrior would go on to become Gohan's mentor and martial arts instructor, in time also becoming a surrogate father for Goku's son. Thanks to Gohan's influence, Piccolo would renounce his evil ways and become a firm ally of Goku and protector of the planet Earth.
Piccolo is a strategist. While powerful in his own right, even he often falls short of the sheer power of his opponents. Instead, he uses clever planning and his brilliant tactical mind to bring his opponents groveling at his divine feet. He has all sorts of feign attacks, side switchers, gimmicks, and mix-ups always at the ready, and should never be attacked without a plan in mind. In the right hands, Piccolo can still be the god he once used to be.
Story Mode Biography
- Demon Elbow: Slides forward past the opponent, then comes back and slams them with his elbow.
- Demon Slicer: Piccolo jumps in the air and goes down to chop his opponent.
- Homing Energy Blast: Piccolo fires a slow moving energy blast that tracks his opponent. This attack is Piccolo's Z Assist.
- Demon Shocker: Piccolo fires energy waves from his antennae that temporarily stuns opponents.
- Special Beam Cannon: Charges a powerful spiral ki blast that pierces through opponents, while teleporting from place to place. Uses 1 Ki meter.
- Hellzone Grenade: Shoots multiple key blasts that enclose in on an opponent. Perfect follow up to Demon Elbow. Uses 1 Ki meter.
- Light Grenade: Shoots a large bullet shaped ki blast which does massive damage. Uses 3 Ki meters
- In the past it was nearly impossible to see through the Piccolo's Hellzone Grenade, but the visual noise caused by this attack has been drastically reduced since.
- If Piccolo is on a team with Gotenks, during the animation for Gotenk's Super Volleyball Attack he will appear to spike the ball. This has no effect on the damage of the move and is purely cinematic.
|Playable Characters in Dragon Ball FighterZ|
|Base Roster||Goku (Super Saiyan) • Vegeta (Super Saiyan) • Piccolo • Gohan (Teen) • Frieza • Captain Ginyu • Trunks • Cell • Android 18 • Gotenks • Krillin • Kid Buu • Majin Buu • Nappa • Android 16 • Yamcha • Tien • Gohan (Adult) • Hit • Goku (SSGSS) • Vegeta (SSGSS) • Beerus • Goku Black • Android 21|
|DLC||Season 1||Broly • Bardock • Goku • Vegeta • Zamasu (Fused) • Vegito (SSGSS) • Cooler • Android 17|
|Season 2||Jiren • Videl • Goku (GT) • Janemba • Gogeta (SSGSS) • Broly (DBS)|
|Season 3||Kefla • Goku (Ultra Instinct) • Master Roshi • Super Baby 2 • Gogeta (SS4)|